1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD Issue with turn signal... + Transporting a vehicle from the US to Canada.

Nash

Sep 5, 2024
The turn signals on the driver's side, both front and rear, are flashing at an accelerated rate. My emergency flashers are functioning properly. I have inspected the bulbs. I suspect the issue lies with the relay; but, how can I identify the appropriate relay, and where can I get one? The Mercedes dealership in Toronto, Canada, is unhelpful. An individual informed me that a VW Vemo V15-71-0023 component would be compatible. Contemplation.

The front suspension is severely damaged, and the technician indicated while on a hoist that the frame exhibits significant corrosion in many areas, suggesting that the vehicle should be removed from service. The engine works well, although it seems I am seeking to get another 300SD. I want to get one from Texas (without rust), but I am reluctant to deal with the bureaucratic complications. Are there agents available to purchase a vehicle on my behalf and arrange for its shipment to Toronto?

Corrosion may be present in one of the sockets or in a connection inside the wire on that side. Any factor that diminishes the current inside the circuit. Activate the hazard lights and inspect the front bulbs. Do they possess equivalent intensity? Replicate for the posterior.

Importing a vehicle that is over 15 years old into Canada is quite straightforward. It is hoped that someone would possess a reliable importer contact for you. The rapid blinking may be attributed to the installation of LED lightbulbs in the vehicle. They produce a rapid flash blink.

Ultimately, I saw an opportunity to reply... Thank you

zymguy and​

ltnic

, for their insights. Could an incorrect bulb type in the front signal socket also result in the rear light flashing too fast?

If I believed I had located a reasonably good 300SD in, for instance, Dallas, it would entail a considerable journey from Toronto to inspect it, just to maybe discover that I did not need the vehicle after all.

Indeed, unequivocally. The flasher relay requires a minimum current to operate at the standard flashing rate. Installing a single LED bulb, for instance, will result in a "hyperflash" effect, much to a burned-out light. Activating the 4-way flashers detects three functional lights, which suffices for standard operation.