Accessing the 2015 F12 Battery

noahburleson1

Sep 5, 2024
Does anybody know the procedure for removing the loading sill cover to access the battery for replacement?

Thank you.

Are you referring to the carpeted panel that constitutes the trunk's floor (#1 in the image below)? If affirmative, elevate the tab that provides access to the storage compartment (#3 or #4 in the figure), then raise the whole floor upwards and remove it to reveal the battery compartment and its fasteners.

Thank you; unfortunately, item #5 is fastened and must be removed since it extends at an angle over the little area of the floor panel, obstructing access to the battery compartment and its fasteners. The vehicle has two floor panels that conceal the battery.

It is possible that the F12 differs somewhat from the F06. To access the battery compartment in my 650ix GC, I simply lifted the tab on the trunk floor liner (#1), which folds back to expose the storage compartment (#3). Continuing to lift and pull #1 forward reveals the battery compartment located further toward the rear seat. The storage container (#3) may be easily removed to reveal the lid of the battery compartment.

The posterior edge of the storage compartment may be positioned beneath the rear component (#5), yet its removal was unnecessary (as evidenced in the accompanying images). I merely needed to elevate and extract the storage compartment (#3) from the rear, and if it was indeed tucked beneath the rear component (#5), it effortlessly disengaged. However, the F12 "vert" may exhibit subtle variations and need further disassembly.

Thank you for the update. This conversation will hopefully assist all F12, F13, and F06 owners in accessing the main battery compartment.

I much appreciate it! I successfully extracted the last component. It was located under the rear panel, and I had to use some force to remove it. Resembles your photographs precisely!

Thank you once again for your time!