Are there several Carbon intakes for V10 Gen 1?

Roninoz

Sep 5, 2024
Numerous carbon fiber intakes are available for BMW M vehicles and Audi RS models; but, other from BMC, I cannot identify any alternatives for the R8.

I use a carbon plenum on my M3, and the induction noise from the resonance is exhilarating and quite loud at wide open throttle.

Is there any component that resonates and generates the desirable sound for the R8?

The BMC intake box is aesthetically pleasing but requires a bespoke tune due to its significantly altered MAF housing compared to the standard version.

It has been previously noted that a remap may be necessary when altering the induction, especially for gen 1.5, as indicated by Ricky at Reperformance. Aftermarket filters may also produce similar effects, since they are very sensitive.

That is acceptable. I will certainly get a remap, since significant performance is constrained in the Gen 1 and may be easily released.

Is the induction system being modified beyond air filters? I was not fatigued by the transition to RE performance air filters without a tune.

Salutations. I am uncertain, but the BMC box seems to be stiff and so unlikely to vibrate to generate the desired noise. Regrettably, Eventuri's intake pipes are indeed inflexible. I believe they have ceased selling these, but they likely would not accommodate the first generation nonetheless.

Upon further investigation, it has been determined that the Eventuri is incompatible with the GEN 1.5 DCT due to significant differences in the intake tracts.