Automated Navigation to Residence

ealy22408

Sep 5, 2024
My car's navigation system no longer automatically directs me home from work. This ceased functioning lately.
The automated map navigation works correctly for commuting to work, but not for returning home.

By automated navigation, I refer to the feature where, when entering the vehicle, the maps automatically designate the location as either home or work.

Do you satisfy the prerequisites for this functionality to function?

Are you employed when you enter your vehicle? Is your vehicle stationed at a location somewhat far from the area designated as "work" in Navigation?
Are you departing after 3 PM and before 11 PM?

3 PM to 11 PM, such an unusual limitation. Surgeons on call should presumably refrain from acquiring a Tesla. 😂

The autonomous guidance to home has functioned well for the previous three years until lately. The auto-navigation feature to operate remains functional.
Does anybody else have the same problem? I suspect it is a software update that altered the functionality.

However, you did not address my inquiries.

Is your vehicle currently stationed at the location you have provided as your workplace?

Will you be departing from work between 3 PM and 11 PM?

Consider removing and re-entering your home and work addresses. It may be a software defect. Monitor for the next update.

That is what I have been undertaking. I will persist in this endeavor till the problem is hopefully rectified.