Enhance headlights on 1981 two-door vehicle

Luckiee19

Sep 5, 2024
Seeking to enhance the headlights or driving lights, or even include supplementary lighting.

Do you have any experience with aftermarket headlights?
I have used aftermarket LED headlights on many cars, and the experience was mostly unsatisfactory.

LEDs are remarkably detrimental to the environment when compared to glass, metal, and a little amount of gas. They just do not endure!

I have had excellent outcomes using Autopal replacements. It is a completely metallic light with a glass lens, manufactured in India. I have used them in BMWs, Triumph TR6, and my MG Midget. They were formerly readily accessible, but are no longer as easily found, at least not in the United States. One factor to consider while purchasing new lenses is the lamp's facade. Some are flat and do not correspond to the appearance of the original sealed beam lights.

I will ascertain if I can locate them in the UK. A far superior alternative to the conventional "plastic" LED replacements, since I prefer not to have lights resembling googly eyes.

Another concern with LEDs is that residents in cold climates must acquire the heated variant to mitigate snow accumulation. Truck Lite and JW Speaker seem to be well-regarded, if expensive. Are these polycarbonate lenses?

I have opted for Hella halogens to maintain the aesthetic.