Issues with the wheel speed sensor

nasadave1

Sep 5, 2024
Greetings to everybody,

I had a diagnostic code for the right rear wheel speed sensor, prompting me to purchase and replace it with a new one. Subsequently, I operated the scanner, but I am now receiving a code for the left rear wheel. This cannot be a mere coincidence! I elevated the vehicle once again, disconnected the speed sensor connection from the back left wheel, and cleaned it with contact cleaner; nonetheless, there was no improvement. The ABS and traction control indicators remain illuminated. I am experiencing a sense of defeat, amusingly enough. I welcome any suggestions.

Thank you.

My only conjecture is that the initial issue likely did not pertain to the right rear sensor. Unless one subscribes to the improbable notion of both failing together, as you said.

In the absence of the specific codes, wiring diagrams, and a comprehensive understanding of the system and fault codes, it would be difficult to provide more assistance.

Presented below are the codes:

C1211-History: Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Invalid/No Signal.

C1206-Active: Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Open/Short Circuit.

I conducted repairs on C1211 today. The only active component is C1206. The issue manifested during a diagnostic run this afternoon. It was really exasperating.

Thank you for your response; it is really appreciated. 👍

Did you get a code for a wheel speed sensor, specifically about an open or short circuit, an incorrect signal, or a circuit range/performance issue? Parts are not replaced just based on a code; rather, diagnosis begins with the insights provided by the code about the system, since each of the three sorts of codes per corner that I enumerated necessitates a distinct diagnostic method.

The C1206 code may be diagnosed rather easily. With the C1211 now removed, disconnect the functional side and use a voltmeter on each wire. Connect the black wire to ground and measure the voltage on each wire. One should see a signal of around 1.7 volts on one channel and a variable, minimal voltage on the other. It should be same on your unaffected side; now compare it with the problematic side.

I will proceed accordingly. Thank you for the counsel! It is always a pleasure to get communication from you.