Nano-ceramic additive (5W30 or 5W40)

ltfirehunter

Sep 5, 2024
Individuals who do not endorse engine oil additives are encouraged to express their dissenting opinions in a separate post.
If someone had actual expertise with nano ceramic additives or chemicals in engine oil, please tell me which is superior: base oil with nano ceramic, 5W30 or 5W40?

It may restore your scored cylinder walls, but it is more likely to induce cam phasor failure as the so-called "nano" particles accumulate and obstruct the delicate oil passageways that ensure the phasors function properly. Another transient trend that will fade.

I regret that you lack knowledge on the dimensions of the additive particles. That occurs at the nanoscale and does not aggregate to the macroscopic level; this is implausible until substantiated by robust empirical proof, not only theoretical assertions, as I request expert actual experience in this matter.

If you are credulous enough to accept the commercial exaggeration, then you likely have not consulted your owner's handbook, which specifies the appropriate oil based on your use and environment.