Request for air conditioning and climatic assessment.

pandrus82

Sep 5, 2024
Greetings to everyone

640 GC - 2015 License Plate. The climate control system has ceased functioning; precisely, the fan is not activating at all. Tested heating and air conditioning. The display works well. Scheduled for diagnosis on Wednesday.

What is the probable cause, please? New blower or fan?

If that is the case, it is not a dashboard output task, is it? Appears dreadful; not only expensive, but my intuition suggests it will not be restored to its original condition.

Thank you.

If the blower has malfunctioned and requires replacement, it is located in the rear right corner of the engine compartment (on the passenger side, opposite the glovebox across the firewall in left-hand drive vehicles). Uncertain whether it has been relocated to the other side on a right-hand drive vehicle. Refer to the figure below, which has an arrow indicating the back of the engine compartment.

Did it emit a buzzing sound before the current problem arose? If it was humming, this often indicates the course filter is degrading, allowing leaves and other debris to enter the blower (#1 in the image below), which may ultimately lead to blower failure if not cleaned.

However, it may also be the regulator (#2 in the schematic below) if the blower is malfunctioning; hence, a complete replacement may not be necessary, just a minor component, contingent upon the findings from the diagnostics.

Quoted £1900 ($2500 approximately) for the blower and regulator, with the majority of the expense attributed to 8 hours of labor. Dash removal - can the dash ever be restored to its original condition via dealership repair? I assume that squeaks will be included.

Uncertain - I heard about glovebox removal, but then £180 each hour for eight hours? What are they doing?