Searching for a replacement radiator for a 1987 Nissan Sentra 4-door wagon with a 1.6 L manual transmission.

Birddogjake

Sep 5, 2024
I am experiencing difficulty in locating a replacement radiator that will suit my 1987 Nissan Sentra four-door wagon, which is equipped with a 1.6 L engine and a manual transmission. I have only been able to locate information regarding automatic transmissions. Is there anyone who has an idea of where I could locate a new replacement?

I am uncertain whether I will be able to visit the establishment where it is being worked on and obtain additional information. Thank you for your prompt response. The mechanic has ordered two distinct items, both of which have been incompatible. I am confident that we will be able to locate a functioning one. I have reviewed Nissan's websites and they indicate that the item has been discontinued. However, it is possible that there is still an aftermarket version available. Thank you once more.

It may be the automatic option if it is physically compatible and has the same fastener pattern. They are frequently slightly larger and of superior quality. It will be necessary to seal any intercooler openings that are not specified in the manual.

Acquire a new mech; this is a straightforward task, and he should have been aware of it.

I appreciate your prompt response and the information you provided. We are in need of skilled mechanics to work on vehicles that cannot be connected to a machine for diagnosis. I believe they have become accustomed to this process. Thank you once again for your assistance.

I consistently opted for the automatic radiator, as the torque converter generates significantly more heat. In order to accomplish this, they will frequently be slightly larger, yet they will still suit the vehicle precisely.

I have observed that the majority of the radiators advertised on eBay are for automatic transmissions, and I am aware that there were just as many manual transmission Sentras sold. Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you so much for your response. It is true that my vehicle was in the shop for a decade due to the mechanic's unwillingness to address this issue with the other vehicle. It has been nearly three months since then. Thank you once more.

The intercooler loop, which is the most frequently damaged component of a radiator, is absent from manual radiators. The reason manufacturers produce the most popular product is that they are aware that the manual can be used with the auto rad. It enhances profits by decreasing non-moving inventory.

In order to avoid squandering funds, it is imperative to comprehend the numerous factors that are influenced by business decisions. Numerous components have been installed on vehicles that were never intended to be installed. There are no issues if you carefully consider the matter.

Your response and encouragement are greatly appreciated. This morning, the most peculiar event occurred. I visited the shop where my vehicle was located to measure the radiator and gain a more comprehensive understanding of the item I was seeking. To my astonishment, when I lifted the hood to inspect it, I discovered that it was warm, as if it had been driven. I examined the vehicle and discovered that it had been reassembled. So, after nearly three months in the shop, the radiator was located, and I am hopeful that it will be able to be driven again. When I inquired about the radiator's origin, he replied that he had acquired it from Autozone, where he had previously believed it to be the incorrect model on two occasions. However, it was the radiator that I had observed on numerous websites. Ultimately, there are numerous options available if you are aware of your search criteria. Thank you once more for your assistance.