The legend on the cover of the ML55 fuse box is inaccurate.

johngaines

Sep 5, 2024
Aug 2001 ML55 with Xenon low beam headlamps, W163.

I have observed that Fuse 34 and Fuse 35 are necessary for these, respectively, on the left and right sides. However, the diagram on the fuse box cover does not depict them; it is simply void.

I was unaware of this until I obtained the WIS and was able to view the precise electrical schematics that are pertinent. I had "borrowed" them as part of the fault finding process and subsequently delved into the rabbit tunnel in an attempt to determine why the furious pixies were not appearing at the headlight socket.

Just in case anyone else is unaware, the diagram on the fuse box lid is not always reliable.

I will verify my 500 later today; however, I recall that numerous locations were left without descriptions. It is unnecessary to mention your HID lights if they were not original equipment.

I have just verified that the engine fuse box does not contain any headlight fuses, as per Witek.

"If it is model after 09/2002 low beam is controlled by EAM (Extended Activity Module) no fuses."

The AAM is responsible for the high beams, which Mercedes refers to as the primary beams. The relay and fuses are located in the footwell fuse box of our 500.

SilverGpth, do you possess a HID?

The ML is at least superior to my SL, which lacks fuse box legends on the lids.A printed piece of paper has been discovered in a plastic bag near the spare tire by some individuals.