Top Gear exhaust

Djbrand1

Sep 5, 2024
I want to purchase a Topgear F1 exhaust.
Is the quality and fitting subpar? Is everything satisfactory? Outstanding?
Do you have any opinions?

The quality and fitting are impeccable for both the V8 and V10 valved exhaust systems.

Numerous discussions on perspectives on the exhaust exist; have you reviewed them? I am certain that I documented my experience. I appreciate my exhaust system; when the valves are closed, it resembles the stock configuration, albeit with slightly diminished low-bass frequencies. When the valves are open, it produces a loud, aggressive sound. I have observed that I rarely close the valves, as there is no drone at any RPM, even during highway driving. Consequently, I only utilize the valves during extended drives with my spouse or when experiencing a hangover.

This month, I had a distressing ordeal with Topgear including shipping errors, for which they showed no remorse, despite the significant time spent and the arrival of a broken exhaust.

If you can endure the subpar experience (like I did) despite the significant expenditure on the exhaust and overlook their customer service, the exhaust produces an excellent sound. Their CEO intervened and made grandiose statements on the detrimental impact of my experience with Topgear on his company's image, assuring me of recompense for the distress I endured; yet, so far, it has amounted to just rhetoric.

I purchased the valved version of the exhaust and have effectively programmed the opening and shutting functions using the Homelink/garage door buttons in the vehicle, eliminating the need to carry the remote control.

I trust this information is beneficial!

It is disheartening that you encountered such situation. Three weekends ago, I assisted a friend in installing his Top Gear valved exhaust, and the experience was very different. He procured his new item from Top Gear on eBay, despite their being out of stock at the time of purchase. Top Gear contacted the customer and reduced the total price to $1700, including shipping, for the inconvenience. They completed the exhaust assembly within a week and sent it to his residence shortly thereafter. He said that they were excellent collaborators.

It is unfortunate to learn that it is inconsistent.

I neglected to add that my arrived damaged after being repeatedly transported between several DHL airports on the East Coast.
The bent mounting bracket had to be straightened, with the assurance that this action would not invalidate the guarantee. Indeed?

I had organized a surprise for my wife's milestone birthday, but it was thwarted by the exhaust's arrival being nearly a week late. They refused to provide me a replacement and insisted that I wait for its arrival. The agreement was between Topgear and DHL, and I was the only client awaiting a product I had bought, which arrived broken. In my situation, they feigned assistance while really pursuing their own interests, since they are still awaiting compensation from DHL for the error.
It is very frustrating and disheartening.

Uncertain of the particulars, but it seems that DHL has faltered more significantly than Top Gear. Was there any justification for the delays with DHL due to missing information? I own the TopGear valved exhaust on my V8, and it is wonderful. I visited a buddy for coffee on Sunday, who owns a Ferrari 458. I arrived shortly after him, driving down the road in 2nd or 3rd gear at 8,000 rpm. He remarked that it sounded remarkable and very loud. As AJ states, the advantage is the absence of a drone; I only shut the valve when approaching the residence or sometimes when traveling with my wife.

The sound is very remarkable. Your feedback was a significant factor in my decision to purchase Topgear.

The whole scenario and Topgear's management of it were concerning, despite the fact that all email correspondence originated from their CEO, Steve Kilcoyne. Regrettably, the situation was really between DHL and Topgear, and I was relying on its timely arrival for installation. As I said, they left me in suspense instead of managing the situation with DHL and having it returned to them while sending a replacement to me. I was misled, and as anticipated, it arrived damaged, resulting in additional expenses to rectify the situation.

The product is excellent; nonetheless, I felt undervalued as a client. Steve's remarks to his staff, which were included in all emails, asserting that his and Topgear's "reputation was at stake" were just absurd. I am awaiting his return with the promised "compensation" as he anticipates his claim from DHL.

By the way, I am uncertain if it was you who proposed programming the remote with Homelink, but I implemented it, and it works flawlessly! Thank you.

My Topgear had difficulties here, not attributable to anybody, since it was imported from elsewhere. The packaging was exceptional, and the quality is outstanding for the price.

Upon its arrival, I felt a sense of pride and placed it on my third shelf for admiration while I intended to install it, but it subsequently dropped.

Compromised an outlet, adjusted a hanger, and inflicted scratches. I felt somewhat disheartened by it. I straightened the metal component and installed it. It remains appealing, and I have progressed with my life!

I really endorse it; it is an exceptional product.

I like the product and find it enjoyable. Their management of the error has been inadequate, and I am only aware of the time I squandered in investigating it and then confronting an insurmountable obstacle adorned with a cheerful face.

Certainly a commendable product.

Was it necessary to purchase a valve controller and key fob, or are they included with the product?

I had an excellent experience with TopGear. I acquired the valved exhaust, which I consistently keep open; the quality and craftsmanship exceeded my expectations.