When washed, the right front brake doesn't work.

noahburleson1

Sep 5, 2024
When I wash my car, put it away for a few days, and then try to drive it out of the garage again, the right front brake (passenger side) always gets stuck and needs a little extra force to come free before the wheel can turn. Just by chance, the brake dust builds up on one wheel more than any other. Any idea why this takes place?

The blades and pads are getting a little rusty. You can get rid of all the water with a leaf fan or by taking a short drive.

I do use a fan on the wheels and brakes and even drive the car back and forth to make sure the brakes are extra dry before I park it. Thanks for the comments. The right front wheel always gets stuck, no matter what. Even more brake dust is made by this one than by the others. There might be a problem with the way that brake pad, caliper, and rotor are set up.

From your autograph, I can tell that your R8 is a 2009 model.
It's been 15 years, so I'm guessing the brake seals have never been changed.
The brake pistons can get dirty and rusty over time. The seals might get tough.
All that needs to be done is to clean the brake pistons and put on new seals.

He's basically telling you to fix the brakes. Remove everything, take it apart, and put it back together with new seals. That's a good idea about the age. It's cheap to get rebuild tools. Labor shouldn't be too bad, but bleeding is annoying.