Z4m40i Tires

zymguy

Sep 5, 2024
Seeking to replace the rear tires that have reached the warning strips after just 22,600 miles... Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I like the ride; nevertheless, the durability of the tires is absurd.
Does anybody have an alternative suggestion or endorsement? The equivalent options I have identified are Continental's Extreme Contact and Goodyear's Eagle.

Thank you for any suggestions!

22.6k miles is rather impressive for tires of those kind. You purchased a performance vehicle equipped with performance tires; just replace them with a new pair.

That is a substantial lifespan for a rather powerful rear-wheel-drive sports vehicle. The Super Sports have always been among the superior enduring performance tires.

Seek an item in your size with an elevated tread wear rating (and maybe a guarantee), but anticipate a compromise in grip. You will experience significantly reduced traction to prolong their durability.

I get 12,000 to 15,000 on E90 and F80.

ecs02 or ps4s for summer tires. I like ECS02 because of its superior steering responsiveness; however, the rear set diminishes that advantage.

The PS4s have soft sidewalls, providing little sensation, but provide enhanced comfort.

I own PSS tires on my Z4 M40i and reside in South Florida. Given the extreme sunlight and heat, achieving 15,000 miles on them is fortunate. The mileage you are achieving with your high-performance vehicle is satisfactory, and the automobile is equipped with superior summer tires. In my opinion, such a modification would be erroneous.

Thank you everyone for the comments and comfort. I like the ride, therefore I believe I will continue with the Michelins!